- We are a Data Controller under the regulatory regime managed by the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk
What type of information we collect and use of your information
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Please note that while the Services may contain links to websites and applications operated by parties other than us and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any such websites or applications.
- As part of the account registration process, we also offer visitors registering with us the opportunity to opt out from keeping them informed of future events, offers and promotions from us (and any other company in our company Group). Visitors who wish to take the option should 'untick' the relevant box in the registration process. You may update Your marketing preferences at any time through 'My Account/Update Marketing Preferences' (where available). If (where available) You have chosen to receive information on future events, offers and promotions by SMS message to Your cellular telephone, You may opt out of receiving such information at any time by replying with the word "STOP". To opt out of third party analytics please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Your device identifier, and once processed, our third party analytics provider will discontinue any analytics on that particular device.
- When You choose to download Software pursuant to our Services, notification software may also be downloaded onto Your Access Device. This allows us to send notifications to You about our Services directly to Your Access Device, for example to inform You about new features, updates, service communications, offers and promotions. By downloading such Software, You consent to receiving notifications. If You would prefer not to receive these notifications, You will need to manually uninstall the notification software from Your Access Device (for example by clicking the "what's this" link on a notification You receive and following the 'how to remove' instructions", or by following the applicable "Settings" and "Notification Centre" uninstall instructions on Your Access Device).
How we use your information
We collect Your Information in order to:
- enable us to set up Your Account so that You can make full use of all of the features of the Services, including crediting Your Account with funds, placing bets and playing games;
- enable us to receive questions and comments from You through our Online Help Centre, and for us to be able to respond to them;
- comply with relevant regulations regarding Your registration, for example completing age verification checks; and
- (provided that You do not opt out from this option), to keep You informed of future events, offers and promotions from us.
In addition to the broad purposes identified in paragraph 3.1 above, will use Your Information, including sharing Your Information with our third party partners and subcontractors who process data (including, where appropriate, Your Information) on our behalf, for:
setting up, operating and managing Your Account;
- providing any of the Services which are requested of us, and for any proper purpose connected with such provision;
- verifying the accuracy of Your Information, including disclosure of such information to third parties (including financial institutions, age verification, and credit reporting agencies) in connection with such purposes (a record of the search will be retained and the third party may use the information to assist other companies for verification purposes);
- preparing statistics, providing analytical reports and analysis relating to the use of the Services by You and other customers;
- analysing and recording Your use of the Services and the Websites in order to improve our products and the way we deliver the Services.
- preparing and displaying appropriate individualised marketing material and content;
- complying with our regulatory duties, obligations and responsibilities: including under UK Gambling Act 2005 and UK Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act 2014 ; and the UK Gambling Commission; and under any other valid and applicable legislation and to any other competent authority (meaning any authority having any governmental, judicial or regulatory jurisdiction over us)
- conforming to legal requirements or complying with legal processes or acting to protect the interests of sporting bodies or other qualified bodies;
- the investigation of suspected unlawful, fraudulent or other improper activity connected with the Services;
- the reporting of a crime or suspected crime, including money laundering or any fraud; and
any other purpose which is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to You.
- We may store and process Your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process Your information on our behalf.
- We will not send You unsolicited information regarding any third party commercial offers or advertisements.
- We may use Your username and/or first name and region for advertising or promotional purposes.
- Telephone calls to and from Golflutter may be recorded for training and security purposes.
- We may transfer Your Information in the event that we transfer or sell our business or any part of it; including in the event of insolvency.
- For the purposes of prevention or detection of crime as well as responsible gambling, we may supplement the information that You provide to us with information that we receive from third parties or collate by accessing third party sources, including (without limitation) information published on the internet about or by You, for example on social media and social networking sites.
Overseas transfer of your information
In connection with the provision of Services, we may need to transfer data (including Your Information) to:
- our partners and subcontractors,
who are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Updating your information
You may update or delete Your Information at any time from within Your Account through 'My Account/Update AccountDetails' (where available) or by contacting Golflutter. However, we may be required to continue to retain records containing Your information for legitimate business, regulatory, compliance and/ or legal purposes.
- You may obtain a copy of Your information held by us by contacting Golflutter. We do require up to twenty eight days' notice to enable us to comply with such a request.Any such request is subject to a fee of £10 to meet our administrative costs in providing You with details of the information we hold about You.
- We may reject requests for disclosure or deletion of Your Information that are unreasonable or extremely impractical (e.g. because they require disproportionate human or technical effort or require significant changes to our processes and technology and impact our ability to provide the Services).
We strive to protect Your Information and our Services from unauthorised access to or alteration of Your Information. This includes use of various security measures to protect Your Information held by or on behalf of us and ongoing review of our information collection, storage and processing practices.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Website is displayed in, and Your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to Your computer during a browsing session whenever You log on to the internet via Your internet service provider or Your network (if You access the internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We also use Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. We do not use Your IP address to identify You personally.